The Purple Project's Current 2012 Programs
"Ready Set GO Scholarship"sm
This Scholarship was created to assist teens who are on the path of aging out of the foster care system. "Ready Set Go" can help youth with meeting some of their goals, that will help them successfully transition out of foster care. For more information, fill out our support form.
- “One Voice" - This program was designed to give one on one support to those teens who are in the process of exiting the foster care system. With the help of our one voice liaisons, we work side by side with social workers, case managers and community liasons, to meet the teens individualized needs, prior to exiting or "aging out" of the foster care system.
- "The Career Challenge"sm - COMING SEPTEMBER 2012. This a fun, interactive and informative program that will educate youth on their interested career path. Youth will engage in fun activities with professionals right in the field!
- “Cooking Like Crazy”sm - Fun and interactive cooking sessions with local area chefs via in person or online. Youth will learn how to cook basic to advanced meals.Youth will be engaged as they learn different type of recipes, chefs and staff assistants will assist the youth in learning different cooking terms and understanding the usage proper utensils. The goal is to prepare the youth to be self sufficient and to prepare nutritious meals.
"Creating your Own Realitysm” Series
(Classes are offered in a classroom or group setting)
- “Ready Set Goals" - This is a creative and empowering session with teen centered activities and task designed to educate the youth on how to build self-esteem and attain short term goals. Attendees will engage in a variety of activities that will educate them on how to successfully plan their everyday goals and make positive choices, that will ultimately lead them to positive outcomes.
- "Own Your Own: Aging out what does it really mean?" - This interactive and informative session will educate youth on the realities of exiting the foster care system and the importance of creating a transition (exit) plan. Youth will engage in fun activities and task that will test their knowledge of their rights, laws, the statistics and resources that are available to them as they move forward or are on the path to exiting the foster care system.
- “Speak Up Speak Now”sm - This is a fun and interactive session that educates youth the diferent types of Advocacy and how to be their own successful positive Self-Advocate. Youth will be engaged with fun activities and task that will assist them with gathering information, understanding the information, research, and the resources that are available to them within their own communities.
- “I Can Afford That”sm - This interactive and fun session that educates youth on money management, bill pay, budgeting, saving and banking.
*(Foster Parent Class ) “Where Is My Manual!”sm - provides a raw and realistic glimpse inside the realities of being a foster parent and a foster child. This interactive workshop is geared towards inspiring and empowering foster parents. Participants will engage in a series of fun activities and task, as they follow the various stories and scenarios and of former and current youth and adults that are linked to the foster care system